“The Year the Newspaper Died” – Really?
2009 was termed “The Year the
Newspaper Died” by Business Insider.
For many publications, it was. So as 2010 comes to end, a year after this proclamation – is print really dead?
No. Paid subscriptions
are buried 6 feet under, but with exclusive innovation, Edmond Outlook is thriving because there have NEVER been subscriber
fees! For the last 5 years, our magazine has served Edmond residents and businesses owners with free monthly news delivered right to your mailbox.
Edmond Outlook’s commitment to direct mail 50,000 FREE copies is a feat no other publication in the area has achieved.
How has this dedication paid off? Over 100 Edmond businessmen and women each and every month
will tell you the advertising ROI can’t be beat.
Edmond Outlook has proudly led the way for other publications to
follow. We’ve kept local news alive by supplying free monthly articles on everything from residents, to businesses, and even tips for your home, garden, health, and fitness.
Whether your preference is to hold a nice, pretty magazine in your hand while enjoying your morning coffee – or you prefer the feel of your mouse clicking as you browse articles online, Edmond Outlook serves free news, events, and coupons both ways!
It’s clear than in 2010, the demand for local news is still just as strong as ever:
- Our online events calendar served approx 3,500 unique visitors this year – over 200 visited in just one day for Halloween Trick or Treat event ideas!
- Online articles are archived for all 5 years of our publication, and over a 1,000 researched a past article this year alone.
- The digital edition with page by page flip proved very popular this year with more than 1,200 online readers.
- The printed copies, which are mailed to 50,000 homes and business in all 5 zip codes of Edmond have garnered terrific thank you notes, emailed compliments, and writer praise from the community. Some savvy online readers have even started commenting directly to the story through our website tools.
- An additional 1,000 extra copies (that’s right – we print 51,000!!!) are provided to area restaurants, businesses, and advertisers, as well as the Edmond Area Chamber of Commerce and Edmond Convention & Visitors Bureau. Several readers drop by the office regularly to pick up additional copies, and this year we were called out twice to replenish more and more…
We are proud to serve you, and we welcome your comments, suggestions, and article ideas. Our online calendar accepts free event submissions, and you can send any story ideas directly to the Managing Editor at [email protected]. Got a comment or a suggestion? Email the whole team at [email protected].
We look forward to serving you in 2011. Happy New Year.