The Top 2017 Must-Have Summer Styles
Fashion trends are heating up to cool you off. The summer trends for 2017 range from stripes to khaki to light-infused colors like sunshine yellow and candy pink. There are styles making a comeback and styles forging their own path, so what styles are the ones to pay special attention to this summer?
We asked Edmond experts in fashion, jewelry, and hair to give us the must-haves. If you can enjoy any styles this summer, these are the ones to catch your eye.
Pam Orendorff, Hip & Swanky
• Denim or chambray tops and dresses. It’s cool. It’s casual. It’s here.
• Cold shoulder tops will be peeking out all summer.
• Give your feet a kick with lace-up booties.
• Celebrate the summer blooms with fashionable florals.
• Give your white jeans a modern flare.
• This summer’s go-to color will be making you blush.
Jill Haney, The Vintage Pearl
• Make it personal. Jewelry with messaging continues to speak volumes.
• Mixed metal pieces – sterling, gold, and copper or brass – are intertwining everywhere.
• Skinny stacks. Put them on your fingers and wave them proudly.
• Minimalism is making a classic comeback. Tiny pieces on chains are here to stay.
• Aim high with shorter necklace chains. The style is closer to the collarbone with 16” or 24” chains.
• Bangles are adding flare to the wrist. Stack and go.
Stephanie Carel, Silver Leaf Gems
• Chokers, chokers, chokers. For all ages. Go for the classic look with a simple pearl or add intrigue with stones and floral pieces.
• The Awesome 80’s, with bright neon colors, feathers, bling, and oversized creations, is back and making a splash.
• Large pieces are in for necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, but not all at once. Pick one big piece and wear it like art.
• Natural stones are so 2017. Healing stones, natural colored stones, local stones. All beloved.
Bekah Hannah, Wynter Studio Salon
• Polished hair, manly beard. It’s the combo and it’s working.
• Undercuts are giving rise to the extreme lines of the season. Go from short to blunt.
• This summer, women want natural, free-flowing, and low maintenance.
• For color, go all natural – ombre and balayage or all extreme – pastels and gems. Or choose rose gold, the color that loves everyone.